ACMA open cablers license
UEEDV0005 – INSTALL AND MAINTAIN CABLING FOR MULTIPLE ACCESS TO TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES
This course covers laying and terminating of telecommunications cabling in buildings and premises. It encompasses working safely and to Australian Communications and Media Authority’s “Open” Cabling Provider Rules, installing multiple telephone line, multi-pair cables, backbone cabling, terminating in socket outlets, terminating modules and distributors, testing and compliance checks and completing cabling documents.
Term Training’s ACMA course is for qualified electricians who wish to apply for the Open Cables Licence.
On successful completion of this course, you will have met the unit requirements of the UEE Skill Set “ACMA Open Cabling Provider Skill Set”.
This skill set (UEESS00131) is made up of the following units of competency:
- UEEDV0005 – Install and maintain cabling for multiple access to telecommunication services
- UEECD0019 – Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components
- UEECD0043 – Solve problems in d.c. circuits
- UEECD0020 – Fix and secure electrotechnology equipment
- UEECD0051 – Use drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes and specifications
- UEECD0007 – Apply work health and safety regulation, codes and practices in the workplace